When to Practice
- The practice week is Monday–Saturday (6 days)—there is no class on Sunday.
- Students may start out practicing 4 days a week and build up to 6 days a week as they progress (though this is not required).
- We strongly recommend that all students attend led class on Saturday morning.
- Please note that minimum accepted class attendance at the school is 3 days a week, unless another arrangement has been worked out with the teacher in advance.
- For Mysore-style class, we recommend arriving as early as possible in the class session, but at any rate, no later than one hour before the end of class.
- We ask that students complete their entire practice, including taking rest and getting dressed, by the class ending time.
- For led class, please arrive a few minutes early so that class can begin on time.
- There is no class on major holidays or days of the new and full moon.
Recommended for Class
- Your own sticky mat (can be left at the school). We do not rent mats.
- A cotton practice rug (optional)
- Clean (freshly laundered) practice clothing
- Please come to class personally clean (a shower before class is highly recommended)
- No scented products, please
- It's recommended not to eat or drink anything before practice
- When traveling, we recommend that students consult the KPJAYI teachers’ list to find a suitable teacher to practice with.
- As a rule, students who have just arrived in a new location (or are starting at a new school) should plan to practice Primary series for their first few days.